Appleseeds Academy is looking for an entrepreneurial Data Engineer to join our growing team. The role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data architecture, optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams, and working with PowerBI and other tools for managing data models that produce Business Intelligence reports.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
● Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
● Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
● Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
● Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, PowerBI, and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
● Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
● Create data tools for analytics and operations team members that assist them in building and optimizing our program results.
● !Part time position - an option
● At least two years of experience in a Data Engineer role
● B.A in Computer Science/Statistics/Informatics,/Information Systems or another quantitative field.
● Experience with Big Data tools
● Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
● Experience with PowerBI or other related BI tools for both data modelling, but also visualization – an advantage
● Experience with AWS cloud services – an advantage
● Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
● Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
● Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
● Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
● A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
● Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
● Previous experience working in Startups – an advantage